Our thanks to Dr. Axe for this recipe. I wanted to make sure you had something to try for your hair along with my Hair Loss post.
According to Dr. Axe, the following explains how this treatment can help.
- Rosemary is one of the best oils for enhancing hair growth, which thickens the hair. Rosemary oil is believed to increase cellular metabolism that stimulates hair growth.
- Cedarwood essential oil can help stimulate the hair follicles by increasing circulation to the scalp. This can contribute to hair growth and slow hair loss! Cedarwood can help treat thinning hair and various types of alopecia, too.
- Sage essential oil can help balance scalp oils. Sage has some similar properties as rosemary essential oil due its ability to increase cellular metabolism. As well, it mimics some benefits found in sage, which provides hormone balancing properties.
Rosemary Cedarwood and Sage Hair Thickener
- 1½ ounces jojoba oil
- 1½ ounces grapeseed oil
- 30 drops pure cedarwood essential oil
- 30 drops pure rosemary essential oil
- 30 drops pure sage essential oil
Place base of jojoba and grapeseed oils into jar. Add the drops of cedarwood, rosemary and sage.
Blend well by placing the lid securely on the jar and shaking vigorously.
Apply generously and massage into scalp and hair, wet or dry, once a day or 3 times a week.
Leave in hair for at least 20 minutes (longer if you can); or apply before bed and leave in overnight.
You may want to use a towel or shower cap to prevent staining your bed linens. Shampoo, rinse and style as usual.
Both myself and my husband are using this scalp treatment to help with our hair loss issues.